These terms and conditions apply to all tours made available by the West Coast Wilderness Railway. By making a booking for a tour, you warrant that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them, subject to such changes as notified to you from time to time. If the booking for a tour is made through a third party, the terms and conditions of that third party also apply.
West Coast Wilderness Railway will endeavour to provide a tour, but reserves the right to refuse requests for bookings, or actual bookings, due to insufficient or excessive numbers of requests. All tours are subject to availability, minimum participation requirements, and prevailing weather conditions at the time of operation.
A tour may be cancelled up to the time of departure, if it is the opinion of the tour operator that the weather or any other conditions are unsafe to conduct the tour. In this event, a full refund will be applicable.
On the rare occasions that our steam locomotives are not operable, heritage diesel locomotives will be used instead.
All tour bookings must be paid in full at the time of reservation. By providing credit card details you warrant that you have the authority to use the credit card and you authorise the West Coast Wilderness Railway to charge the cost of your booking to the credit card. In the event that the West Coast Wilderness Railway, or a third party operator, cancels a tour that you have booked, then all monies paid for your booking will be refunded in full, within 14 days of the cancellation. The liability of the West Coast Wilderness Railway arising from any cancellations of tour bookings by the West Coast Wilderness Railway or a third party operator is limited to the amount paid for the tour booking.
Cancellations made 72 hours or more prior to the scheduled tour start time will not incur a cancellation fee.
Cancellations made less than 72 hours prior to the scheduled tour start time will incur a fee of the full ticket price for the booked tour.
If a deposit has not been made, then cancellation fees will be charged to the credit card held as guaranteed. If a deposit has been made:
• and the amount of the deposit is more than the cancellation fee, then the cancellation fee will be deducted from the deposit and the balance of the deposit will be refunded
• and the amount of the deposit is less than the cancellation fee, then the deposit will be taken in part payment of the cancellation fee, and the balance of the cancellation fee will be charged to the credit card held as a guarantee.
No refund will be given for any non-used services or non-arrival.
Cancellations must be made by notifying the West Coast Wilderness Railway on (03) 6471 0100, between 8.00 am and 4.00 pm Monday to Friday.
Children aged 17 years and under are entitled to child fares on the West Coast Wilderness Railway. Children travelling on a child fare must be accompanied by a parent or adult. Children aged under two years of age are classified as infants, and travel free (maximum of one infant per paying adult). Infants are not allocated a seat. Further terms and conditions, as stated at ticket collection, will also apply.
The West Coast Wilderness Railway is committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information that you provide to us. Your personal information is primarily used for the purpose of registering your booking and experience, or responding to your request.
If you do not provide us with this information, you will not be able to access the requested service. We will only disclose your personal information if it is necessary for the purpose of providing the products or services that you request, or to comply with our legal obligations.
We will give you the opportunity to access the personal information that we may hold about you, and where necessary, correct any errors in this information (some restrictions and cost may apply).
1. Passengers are asked to abide by the requests of the person in charge / stewards. 2. The master or steward, in their absolute discretion, may vary the itinerary and/or issue instructions to passengers in response to weather conditions and/or safety concerns.
3. The operator reserves the right to alter the timetable or advertised traction/ transport, or vehicle if circumstances warrant, or subject to demand.
4. The operator assumes no responsibility for the personal property of passengers.
5. Passengers are required to respect the comfort of their fellow passengers and staff.
6. Adult passengers are solely responsible for all aspects of their children’s behaviour, and ensuring their compliance with all reasonable instructions.
7. Responsible service of alcohol is adhered to in accordance with the operator’s liquor license. Passengers are not permitted to consume their own alcoholic beverages during any tours.
8. The operator has the right to inspect any baggage or parcels.