These terms and conditions apply to all tours made available by the West Coast Wilderness Railway. By making a booking for a tour, you warrant that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them subject to such changes as notified to you from time to time. If the booking for a tour is made through a third party, the terms and conditions of that third party also apply.
COVID-19 Safety Conditions of Carriage
The below conditions are designed to provide the safest environment for our staff and customers, however, we strongly recommend our guests travel with the COVID Safe phone application:
- Guests are required to provide a contact name and phone number for all ticket holders either at or before check in.
- In the 14 days prior to your journey with West Coast Wilderness Railway, guests that have spent time in an affected region or premises, been in contact with anyone with COVID-19, or shown signs or symptoms of being unwell are not able to travel and will be provided with a full refund.
- Allocated seating per travelling group and adequate distance between travelling parties will be managed by West Coast Wilderness Railway staff.
- Guests must remain in their allocated seats at all times while the train is moving as well as observe social distancing recommendations with regards to other travelling parties, especially when boarding and disembarking the carriages.
- Sanitisation stations will be provided at regular intervals along the journey and guests are required to utilise these before boarding the carriage. If you are allergic to certain brands of sanitiser, you are encouraged to bring your own as you will still be asked to sanitise.
- Guests may be subject to temperature checks and expected to comply if requested.
- Any guest showing signs of being unwell once on the journey will be requested to wear a face mask, which will be supplied by West Coast Wilderness Railway staff.
The West Coast Wilderness Railway team recognises that changes to the COVID Safety landscape are evolving and, as such, reserves the right to update the above terms and conditions based on any additional requirements enforceable by law.
West Coast Wilderness Railway will endeavour to provide your tour but reserves the right to refuse requests for bookings or actual bookings due to insufficient or excessive numbers of requests. All tours are subject to availability, minimum participation requirements, and prevailing weather conditions at the time of operation. A tour may be cancelled up to the time of departure if it is the opinion of the tour operator, that the weather or any other conditions are unsafe to conduct the tour. A full refund will be applicable in this event.
On the rare occasion a steam locomotive is not operable, heritage diesel locomotives may be used instead.
All tour bookings must be paid in full at the time of reservation. By providing credit card details you warrant that you have the authority to use the credit card and you authorize the West Coast Wilderness Railway to charge the cost of your booking to the credit card.
In the event that the West Coast Wilderness Railway or a third party operator cancels a tour you have booked then all monies paid for your booking will be refunded in full within 14 days of the cancellation.
The liability of the West Coast Wilderness Railway arising from any cancellations of tour bookings by the West Coast Wilderness Railway or a third party operator is limited to the amount paid for the tour booking.
- Cancellations made 72 hours or more prior to scheduled tour start time do not incur a cancellation fee
- Cancellations made less than 72 hours prior to scheduled tour start time incure a cancellation fee of the full ticket price for tour booked unless cancellation is aligned to the COVID Safe Conditions of Carriage
If a deposit has been made:
- And the amount of the deposit is more than the cancellation fee then the cancellation fee will be deducted from the deposit and the balance of the deposit will be refunded;
- And the amount of the deposit is less than the cancellation fee then the deposit will be taken in part payment of the cancellation fee and the balance of the cancellation fee will be charged to the credit card held as a guarantee.
No refund will be given for any non-used services or non-arrival. Cancellations must be made by notifying the West Coast Wilderness Railway on (03) 6471 0100 between the hours of 8am and 4pm business days.
Tour Child Policy
Children 17 years and under are entitled to child fares on the West Coast Wilderness Railway.
Children under 2 years of age are classified as infants and travel free (maximum of one infant per paying adult). Infants are not guaranteed a seat.
Further terms and conditions as stated at ticket collection will also apply.
The West Coast Wilderness Railway is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information that you provide. Please see our extended Privacy Statement here.
All passengers are bound by the following:
- Passengers are asked to abide by the requests of the person in charge / stewards
- The master or steward in their absolute discretion may vary the itinerary and/or issue instructions to passengers in response to weather conditions and/or safety concerns
- The operator reserves the right to alter the timetable or advertised traction/ transport, vehicle if circumstances warrant or subject to demand
- The operator assumes no responsibility for the personal property of passengers
- Passengers are required to respect the comfort of the fellow passengers and staff
- Adult passengers are solely responsible for all aspects of their children's behaviour and ensure their compliance with all reasonable instructions
- Responsible service of alcohol is adhered to in accordance with the operators liquor license.
- The operator has the right to inspect and/or impound any baggage or parcels